Sunday, February 5, 2012

Library Presentation

The next step in our library design was to actually design the interior. We focused on a concept and went from there. My concept is Reverberation. I saw that through all the hard angles within the building and site there are three circle areas: the organ recital hall, lobby, and little pond outside. I used radiating circles that reverberate from each of them. These arcs were used for either the ceiling, floor, or pieces in the space. These were my presentation boards:











2 comments:

  1. Hi, I work in the music Library and I really like what you have going on so far. I'm so for painting the walls but I was hoping they could be painted in a color that would best show off the Miles Davis art work we have! They art the pieces we currently have on the wall in the silver frames! Do you have any suggestions of a color that would work well with these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment/question! I am not sure that they even need a color behind them. The pieces already have a great color montage going on and if another color was added to the wall, it might make them less of a focal point. If I had to choose a color right now, I would pick one of the brighter hues in one of the pieces and make it a lighter tone. I would like to see them in black frames though, which would make them pop. Also, they can and should be spotlighted to provide emphasis.

      Delete