Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feedback: Corry

Looking at and analyzing Corry Mears' project was fun. I was not able to pull photos from his blog, but they are worth looking at! Go here to see them. I really enjoy the graphic style he uses; it is so simple to understand. As far as this project goes, I think he did a great job in listening and communicating the problems and solutions in the space. He included many ideas that were quite innovative. One that I particularly liked was the bookshelves that could slide into the wall, which made space to include an area to hold an event or presentation; this was a nice touch. I like the idea of a café as an area in the library. The smooth rolling wood element on the ceiling is a nod back to Corry’s concept of silent music in that it relates to the continual movement of music.
One of the things I wish he would have included was an office area. The librarians appreciate having their own space now and taking that away is a crucial decision. He definitely laid out the space well, with different uses clearly communicated but I think that the offices should have been included within those parameters. I also would have liked there to be a key plan on each of the pages. The main floor plan was great in that it included where the perspectives, details, and finishes were located but I needed to refer back to them as I was looking through the individual pages. Overall though, even with these small adjustments, I could see this as a legitimate library.         

No comments:

Post a Comment