Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reading Comprehension 4

I will unfortunately not even attempt to describe the questions; just look as you will:


1.
2.
3. My interpretation of Girolamo Frescobaldi’s Balletto Terzo. Labeled as requested.

4. I believe that the Baroque period was a show. It was directed by wealthy people that wanted to boost their importance within social circles. Do not get me wrong, I enjoy the Baroque style, with its flamboyancy and naturalism, but it can be a little much. As Harwood states, "this time period flourishes with extravagant balls, receptions, and entertainment. Manners grew more refined in this age of great theatre, music, and opera." I bet it was fun to live in those wealthy circles and enjoy all of that wonderful entertainment, though it would have been horrible to be at the other end of the spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment