Saturday, January 28, 2012

Music Library Light Analysis

One of the major projects this semester is to design one of the two libraries on campus. Before actually designing the space, we are first analyzing it from the inside out and then the outside in. Our first step in this process was to look at the of the space. Each person had one out of seven categories: users, systems, circulation, transition/boundaries, materiality, furnishings, and sensory experience. I was given systems which I then furthered narrowed down to lighting. I felt this was the most important aesthetic system in the space and the one that needed to be looked at the most. I made a section of the space and showed the intensity of the light in the work area as well as the book stacks. The light path and source are slightly over exemplified in my illustration because I wanted to make apparent that this lighting situation is not the best and could be (will be!) changed for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment