Monday, January 10, 2011

Goals.

Hello again! I am back, ready to start a new year and believing it will be ten times better then the last. To start, I want to list out the goals (focusing on design) I believe to achieve this year:

  • Better Time Management (I think I am doing well so far, I have read half of what is due on Friday and have written this tonight which is due on Wednesday!)
  • Work whole-heartily on my work even if I am not into the task
  • Work at how I communicate ideas, which incorporates:
o Drawing
o Rendering
o Layout
  • Good craft in ALL endeavors, not only wood working
  • Ask questions and get involved (specifically during class). I think of great things to say after the fact.
  • Learn to be a strong leader. Not be afraid to speak up and say what needs to be said, specifically in groups.

My strengths as a designer (that I will continue to work on) are as follows:

  • Anything digital
  • Carrying out directions and following through.
  • Choosing colors/patterns that work well with each other

I was told a few more strengths I have:

  • Organized
  • Attention to detail
  • My design style is solid, but curvy and graceful, relating almost to Art Nouveau
Our class took a personality quiz today which was enlightening. It put us into a line with three areas; conservers, pragmatists, and originators. I was in the middle with the pragmatists. We are the mediators that balance out situations. We share leadership willfully but at the sometimes will take everyone agreeing over having a great final product. It was great to see my classmates’ positions in line. It was shown that we need each of the areas to contribute for the best outcome. This was such a great idea for us as a group; I hope to keep using it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment