Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Design Auto Biography II

I wanted to tell a little about my background in design thus far. Since I was very young, I have been tagging along with my Dad at a one man (well, woman) design firm. I would help him with his work: painting, installing, moving, fixing, etc. Along with this, I was able to observe the inner workings of the firm. I believe that this is where my love for design came from. Other experiences, especially taking interior design in high school, helped me to realize that this what what I wanted to do as a career. For my senior project, I made a cabinet with the help of my Opa (grandpa). That was a huge learning experience and I actually used the final product for the IARC application; answering the question, what is something you think to be well designed? I then came to UNCG and began my studies. I found a job at Stein Mart over the summer and learned so much, especially about marketing and selling. At the past Furniture Market in High Point, I received the opportunity to help stage the Asian Loft showroom. They then made it available to work the Market; I sold a vase! That was truly a great experience. I am believing to continue design and love it as much now and in the future as I have in the past.
The photo here is of the cabinet I built with Opa. This product of mine is my inspiration for great craft. I put in the hard work and dedication and it definitely shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment