Sunday, November 29, 2009

Project #6 cont.

The first few photos here are my final luminare. The first one is in natural light, the second in complete darkness, and the third is the closeup of the projected light.



Here is the process of my project. As you can see, I started out with a somewhat wider cube and it was quite flimsy. I eventually get to a longer, thinner, and much sturdier container for the bulb. These are my materials I used when working on the presentation board.


Beginning stages of my presentation board, along with my sketch paper.


The final! This is how my final luminare is supposed to be seen, from below.


As I was working on this project, I had to experiment with the cutouts on the end. The first one I used (bottom left-hand corner) did not work the way I expected, so back to the drawing board. I used all of these, going back and forth with them, closer to the light and further away to see the difference. I finally achieved success when I realized that I needed to be using the 'negative' of the cut out I made, not the 'positive'. That was the best moment during my project process.

This is my final presentation board. After having this suggested to me, I added more contrast with the white and it turned out much better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment