Monday, November 2, 2009

Project #4 Unity

Okay, so I have not posted anything in such a long time! Sorry for that. Our past project was to make anything from 12 skewers and 12 4x6 pieces of bristol board. This is my final along with the collage and presentation board. My concept was inspired by the sun, as you might be able to tell from my collage/parti. The skewers coincide with rays of the sun. As for my construction, I crumpled the bristol and poked it through the skewers. That was quite difficult since (if you have ever worked with bristol you know) bristol is a fairly heavy type of paper. Not easy to fold. But, I did accomplish what I wanted to do, so success! The only glue I used was on the skewers on the base to help with stabilization. Speaking of the base, I crumpled that paper as well, to relate to the sphere above. My presentation board speaks for itself, I think. But, I will explain some if not. The drawings I did myself, full scale. They are in this order starting with the big sketches clockwise: top view, front view, and left view. The smaller drawing in the left hand corner is a perspective view of my project. I chose to have this certain font with the letters close together because I believe it adds to the unity concept. I do have a sketch model from the beginning of this project. I will post that soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment