Monday, November 2, 2009

Project #5 Understanding Dialog

We are still using the 12 skewers and bristol. Tommy says we will soon leave these materials behind, and I'm glad. It has been good learning about these materials though, how to work with them, manipulating in some cases or using the structure they have already. During this project we also learned much about spaces, particularly two spaces, and their dialog. My first concept was 3D and 2D, thinking about an entertainment center and an ottoman, respectfully. But, this sketch model did not convey the use of two spaces very well. Sooooo. I tweaked my idea to form a new strategy, and ideally, a new concept. My new one shows two spaces, clearly defined. It shows destruction, yet structure. You can almost see it as once a complete, sound structure and then it somehow lost that and is caught in the process of decay. It is our class' turn to have our work displayed in the lobby of our building. Our instructors encouraged us to make sure we had extremely nice craft, since it will be displayed. I believe in this all the time, I mean I want my work to look good. But this time I worked even more carefully.

Sketch model

Final (after 2weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment