Thursday, November 11, 2010

Alternatives Summary

For this post and the one below, I am obviously summarizing something. That is, I am drawing from other students and opinions from what we learned in the past two sections. Now then, here it is: I choose to look at three people, who are Nikki, Corry, and Dajana. All of them seemed to be on the same page in this unit. They thought that rules had to be broken in order to gain new ground. This is so true. Nikki shows this nicely with her image of a theater (I think it is).
She talks about this image and aptly states that, "If we did not have people like this [wanting to break the rules] then in the world of architecture we might still be living under four beams and a roof." I think this to be a great connection back to the image but as well to the unit. While Nikki spoke on the broader scope of things, Corry and Dajana took a slightly different approach. They decided to talk about specific buildings and their impact on the design period.
I learned one thing from this exercise which was that the creativity of the Baroque and Renaissance period was appreciated so much that it transferred over to the Americas. I guess I had not thought of it in that light. I agreed with Corry though, when he talked about how reflections are always going to occur, just slightly differently than the were in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment