Friday, April 30, 2010

Process of Studio Design

We had a major project that lasted a month I think? The class was split up and one half got assigned the loading dock on the ground floor and the other the administrative office on the first floor. I got the latter. Our assignment was to redesign the space for a designer/artist/ photographer/sculpter etc... We were to include a studio space, sleeping area, bathroom, and a food prep area. So we started out by taking measurements of the space and making a plan and section elevations. This is the model of the space.

This is my granite for the countertops.
These are my swatches that I was contemplating for the space...
And these are the ones I choose. The Water Hyscinth is more purple than it looks here; but it definitely has blue undertones. The wood is what I used for the flooring.

My precedents are as follows: Candice Olson as my client, the desks for storage and possible meetings of her clients, the 'circle kitchen', and a purple flower towards the purple in my space and the painting of the flower in my bedroom.

Here is half of my board with the plan and my section elevations.
These are the first perspectives I drew of the space. The other later ones are so much better than these. But these are sketchy drawings.

These are the 3D plans from sketchup, with some changes. I included these because I think it helps to understand the flow of the space better than a perspective that is more like just a snapshot.The rest are perspectives. The first of each pair (which I will number) are the first drawings of the space. I then updated and rendered the next one for my final drawing.
1a.1b. This one is my favorite!!! 2a. 2b. 3a. 3b. 4a. 4b.
5a. 5b. 6a.6b. And this is my final board!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment