Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jenga 2.0

We all made another model! For this stage in Jenga, we were assigned one space to continue with; the one that held the most promise. We added an addition to either the top or bottom of that original space. My space was the 'in' the edge. So I continued with the same concept and translated that to an upstairs space that included another sleeping area and a work place. Overall, I think I really came through this time around for presentation. I had all the deliverables and more. That was what I was proud of the most. I divided and conquered all the requirements! As far as the layout of the board, I needed to take into account that all of the drawings were to scale. I could not make them smaller to fit better on the page. I had to work around it, figuring out the best way to communicate my ideas with several large drawings. At first, I wanted my perspectives to have a little color. Alas, at the end, that was not plausible. So I ended up having black and white, but think it turned out quite well; a happy accident!

As far as the class as a whole goes, I think we definitely stepped up to the plate and hit a triple. It was not quite a home run, but we came close. We still need to be aware of our layouts. I feel that they need more seasoning and flavor to them. Right now they are just the plain meat. So, we need to think about them along the way, not just at the end of the process. This is the same as our design process as well. We now know to design and produce at the same time. One does not come to a halt because you begin another. I am excited for this next time around; we are working in groups! I haven't worked with the people in my group yet, but it looks promising!

Here are some photos of the last phase in the project:

final stages of model...scale figures!

No comments:

Post a Comment