Thursday, September 17, 2009

Project #2 Container...


Our project this week was to construct a type of container to hold a special object from paper, fabric, and thread. My special object was a heart that has nice smelling pellets in it. My dad bought it for me here in Greensboro. A friend of mine works in the store he found it in. This is important for me because she is apart of my bible study, which reminds me of everyone else that is apart of it as well. The edges are frayed as well as a part in the middle, representing that my heart is not clearly defined, it is imperfect, and messy around the edges. The middle fraying allows the heart to peak through, showing that its not out in the open. The black circles coincide with the circles on the heart and on the white paper, which you can not see. I really enjoyed this project and believe I visually accomplished the 'imperfection' feel I was going for.

1 comment:

  1. I thought your project nailed it on the head of what we were talking about and looking for your work is really great and I hope to see great things from you!

    ReplyDelete